an avoided unavoidable
When I walk around campus, especially today, I keep seeing people that bother me. I'm not meaning to be shallow, as it seems as though I'm just going on face value, a trait that our society undoubetdly streses as being of top-tier importance. But no, it's something deeper than that, at least to the extent that i'm addressing. I see this deep trouble with people, the human race, really - how pain is dealt with. I have a problem with people who avoid pain persistently and try to hide it with this facade of confidence and joy in their unblistered outside appearance. So as i take my steps towards my last class of the day, elliott smith's legend whispering lovely realities in my earts, i am plagued with questions - why avoid something so distinctly ours? This pain we want to push out, cloud out, bleed out, in whatever methods of "relief" we choose, is a gift. What other conceivable notions could draw such a Divine parallel? Ultimately it comes down to this very core question, embedded in every human heart:
is it better to remain unscathed and empty or broken but filled?
it's what's on the inside that counts and in this case, it's a choice of life or existence.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home